Eccleswall Court, was farmed by its previous owners until it was bought by the Scudamore family in 2002. A substantial Georgian farmhouse, it is situated in Bromsash, an essentially rural area, 3 miles from Ross-on-Wye, South Herefordshire and is steeped in history. The present house dates back to 1827, although there has been a dwelling on this site for centuries.
The dove cote tower is what remains of the Chapel of St Thomas. This Chapel was last mentioned in a deed dated 1725. In addition the remains of a Saxon Mote and Bailey Castle, a mound circa 700- 800AD, are evident in the garden, and some of the walling around the upper lake is believed to be part of the old fort.
All our facilities at Eccleswall Court, are on and around the yard, surrounding fields and farmland. They are all within easy walking distance and are for private use. We are centrally based and near to such racecourses as; Hereford, Worcester, Warwick, Chepstow and Cheltenham. We have 100 acres providing plenty of space for turn-out paddocks – our horses get turned out daily. In 2016 all fencing was replaced with electric fences and we now have CCTV in the yard. The boxes are laid out in three separate yards; Oxo Yard (33 boxes) – named after Grandad Scu’s Grand National winner, Linwell Yard (9 boxes) – named after Grandad Scu’s Gold Cup winner and the Monbeg Dude Yard (8 boxes).